Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Down to one computer...need help....bad.

I had 2 computers...hers upstairs, mine downstairs. Both had itunes accounts. We both synced our iphones and ipads on our respective computers. Her computer bit the dust. Can't access her hard drive. Decided not to replace, so now we have 1 computer. When I go into itunes I get all of my stuff, which makes sense because it is my itunes. I am trying to figure out how to get her itunes to show up.

I plug in her phone and I can click on the "on this iphone" and see her music, podcasts, etc.......but when I go subscribe her to a podcast she wants, it ends up on MY itunes. Frustrating. How do I get HER itunes to show up so we can buy stuff for HER iphone? This can't be rocket science. I'm sure I am missing some simple element here. I have googled, but can only find info on sharing, etc.

Hasn't anyone lost a computer and had to go down to just using one for both husband and wife's iphone? Maybe the catch is that her computer just died and we don't have access to her stuff on it. So are we doomed?

I appreciate any and all help here.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 10:45 PM

2 replies

Nov 27, 2013 2:20 AM in response to mag1106cpa

mag1106cpa

One computer can access any number of separate iTunes Store accounts, but any purchases made with the accounts will be consolidated in one iTunes Library.

IF you want to keep the purchases separate, you have to set up separate user profiles on the computer and use only one iTunes Store account per user profile.

If you're using Windows, look in your computer's Help documentation to learn how to set up additional user accounts.

If you use a Mac, read this article:

Mac OS X: How to Share a Computer With Other Users

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2542

Down to one computer...need help....bad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.