Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you download a previous version of ibooks??

We have an old ipad 1 and I can't download ibooks latest version 3.2 as it is saying i need to update my IOS software which you cannot do on an ipad 1 - any ideas if there is a way you can download a previous version 3.1 or earlier of ibooks on an ipad?

iPad, iOS 4.3, Ibooks

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 1:32 AM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2014 2:17 AM in response to CARAMEL1

Yes, it is determinedly stupid of the app store to say you need to update the iOS to 7, when it knows perfectly well you can't go beyond 5.1.1, and when it has an earlier version which would work on your device. The solution is "purchase" (it's free) the ibooks app in iTunes on a different device and then go to "purchased" in the app store on the iPad to install it. You will then be offered the opportunity to install the "older" version.

I just did this on a pc and it downloaded iBooks 3.2.ipa (29.6MB) into ...\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications, where it is perfectly useless and can be deleted. It also attempted to seize the mp3 extension for iTunes from Windows Media Player. (What does mp3 have to do with iBOOKs? And, how dare it, without asking?) Then I was able to install iBooks on my 1st generation iPad. Downloading the manual is next...

can you download a previous version of ibooks??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.