Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop mail / Facebook notifications flashing up on my desktop

Hello

Since an upgrade I am now getting a pop up in the top right of my laptop screen to tell me when I have a new mail message or if I have a facebook notification. How do I turn these off? They are very distracting when I am trying to work.

Katie

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 2:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 2:30 AM

Oh, easy, go to notification and then settings, you can choose to turn off for all apps or only facebook - as I did. I think notification (with the new features in Mavericks) is a great thing for quick reply to e-mail, message, skype... But facebook, it can be disturbing sometime.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2013 2:30 AM in response to Kstar7

Oh, easy, go to notification and then settings, you can choose to turn off for all apps or only facebook - as I did. I think notification (with the new features in Mavericks) is a great thing for quick reply to e-mail, message, skype... But facebook, it can be disturbing sometime.

Nov 27, 2013 6:38 PM in response to Kstar7

Oh, sorry for my english 🙂,

I mean, at any time you can click on the Notification icon (the righ top corner of your screen), User uploaded file, the you will see the notification area with iMessage and Facebook on top, like this: User uploaded file,

slide (or drag?) it down (two fingers on trackpad) and the Notification will show the Do not disturb option, like this:

User uploaded file

Now you can choose to turn it off.

Puf, it war a hard effort for my english 🙂.

How to stop mail / Facebook notifications flashing up on my desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.