Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine restore of 119GB is stuck

Hi,

I'm trying to restore a backup of a total of 119GB that includes my IPhoto and Itunes Library that were saved on an external HD that now seems to have stopped working.

This external HD was included in the backup perimeter of my Time Capsule and I can see the backup is there.

When I start the restore procedure the process starts, it asks me about some authorization (I type my admin password) and the restore starts.

At around 10GB of restored information it gets "stuck" (meaning that I do not see any additional progress).

System info:

OSX Version: 10.6.8

Type of Mac: MacBook - late 2007 - 4GB Ram

Time Capsule 2T is connected wirelessly to the Mac

Can someone please help me? I have tried it several times always with the same result.

I also tried to restore only the iphoto library but I have the same problem.

Thanks

Marco

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.2GHzInCoreDuo-4GB 667MhzDDR2SDRAM

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 2:41 AM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2013 1:47 AM in response to seventy one

Thanks,

I had already gone through it, solved the issue of permissions, but was not able to solve all the problem.

I have tried to restore separetly the folder content (total 120GB): movies and other files have been restored smoothly. Also ITuunes library worked perfectly.

The problem shows up when I try to restore the Iphoto library (87GB alone): again the first 6GB run smoothly, then everythings gets stuck.

Any additional help?

Time Machine restore of 119GB is stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.