Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selecting a External Hard drive for a Project

Hi I want to be able to select which drive I use to place my projects in, at presents it seems to go to either my HD or my Media drive and I have no way of choicing which drive I need to use. I also would like to be able to put a project on an external drive in I need to. Thanks Brendan

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 3:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 4:07 AM

When you import something this is when and where you can assign the destination.

A popup window appears with the necessary fields to select.

Al

6 replies

Nov 27, 2013 5:25 AM in response to Alchroma

When you create a new project, it will go into the drive you designate. The same holds for events.

Open the project library, and select the drive where you want the project to reside. Then File->New Project... and it will be in that drive.

Select a drive in the event library, go to File->New Event and the event will be created in that drive.

Also: if you realize after the fact that some event or project is not in the drive you desired, you can move it. Do it inside Final Cut Pro, with File->Move Event... or File->Move Project...

Nov 27, 2013 6:19 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thank Luis, I got the project into the drive where I need it to be. This is an external G-Tech drive, I had already saved my events there.

Now when I tried to move another Project there, I got a choice of moving only the Project or also move referenced events with the project. I'm moving project into the same drive where the event aleady resides. Any advice on which I should do ??

Thanks again

Brendan

Selecting a External Hard drive for a Project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.