Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My kid disabled her iPad trying to change password. Never been backed up in iTunes tried to restore thing still hasn't worked wifi is off on her setting help

Ok here we go my daughter has minipiad that she decided to take upon herself to change password ....hence Locked out and disabled it hooked up to ITunes ....we had never backed it up but of course there is the cloud with my Ipad.... Her WiFi is off in settings of course....so can't use the find my iphone app to erase...on iTunes I get message saying this iPad has a password to enter it...Helloooooo that is why aim doin this whole thing....that's where I am no still disabled for the last 2 weeks but at least it helped my stay true to her being grounded all month lol

iPad mini-OTHER, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 6:33 AM

2 replies

Nov 27, 2013 6:47 AM in response to Kitten25

Have you tried recovery mode?

Alternatively, place the device in recovery mode and restore it to erase the device:

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the device, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
  2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to shut down.
  3. While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.
  4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  5. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, and then restore the device.

My kid disabled her iPad trying to change password. Never been backed up in iTunes tried to restore thing still hasn't worked wifi is off on her setting help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.