Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought iPhone 4 and 5 from Saudi Arabia. Currently, I reside in India. My friends told me that, there are FaceTime and non-FaceTime iPhones, and i have bought the latter ones. So, is there any way to make FaceTime available in these phones?

I bought iPhone 4 and 5 from Saudi Arabia. Currently, I reside in India. My friends told me that, there are FaceTime and non-FaceTime iPhones, and i have bought the latter ones. So, is there any way to make FaceTime available in these phones?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 8:36 AM

No unfortunately not.

9 replies

Nov 27, 2013 8:42 AM in response to joshingeorgey2k

Certain Countries in the Middle East including Saudi Arabia and the UAE prohibit the usage of facetime. As such and to comply with government regulations in those countries, Apple removes Facetime from all devices sold there.

Since Facetime is part of the iOS software there is no external way to install it on those or any phone for that matter.

The only choice is to use a different service such as Skype for video calls. Skype can be downloaded from the App store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.