Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I edit album track information in the INFO window, and more to the next track without having to do each track seperate?

In iTunes 10, I could edit multiple track information in the (Info) tab and click to move to the next track within that album. Now with iTunes 11.1.3.8, I have to do each track seperate. It will not let me edit track information (as if track numbering), and click next to move to another track within the same album. It's a pain to have to do each song , and then click on the next song I want to edit. My music library is 171 GB (47,185 files & 19,498 folders). I can find the Duplicate files, but I can't edit like I use to in iTunes 10. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreicated!!!!! I will be an old man at the rate I'm going now.

Windows 7, ITunes 11.1.3.8

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 9:05 AM

7 replies

Nov 27, 2013 9:17 AM in response to RRay1956

Either select a single track, Get Info, then use the Next/Previous buttons to move between them, or select multiple tracks, Get Info, and edit common properties. The next and previous buttons do not appear in multi-track Get Info (and never have).

Regarding duplicates, Apple's official advice is here... HT2905 - How to find and remove duplicate items in your iTunes library. It is a manual process and the article fails to explain some of the potential pitfalls.

Use Shift > View > Show Exact Duplicate Items to display duplicates as this is normally a more useful selection. You need to manually select all but one of each group to remove. Sorting the list by Date Added may make it easier to select the appropriate tracks, however this works best when performed immediately after the dupes have been created. If you have multiple entries in iTunes connected to the same file on the hard drive then don't send to the recycle bin. Use my DeDuper script if you're not sure, don't want to do it by hand, or want to preserve ratings, play counts and playlist membership. See this threadfor background and please take note of the warning to backup your library before deduping.

(If you don't see the menu bar press ALT to show it temporarily or CTRL+B to keep it displayed)

tt2

Why can't I edit album track information in the INFO window, and more to the next track without having to do each track seperate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.