Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sync iPhone/Maverick WITHOUT iCloud

It is being just disgusting not to be allowed anymore to use our computer/mobile without going through iCould !!!

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 10:03 AM

122 replies

Nov 27, 2013 2:32 PM in response to Old Toad

To be free to not use iCloud and put all my contacts on the web...? Is it such a tragic demand - or almost an insult? - to see you people reacting this way ?!

One should be free not using iCloud, that's all.

Oh, and nope: i do not carry my computer everywhere.... And i am a mac user since '92....

Sorry for interrupting,

Cheers

Nov 27, 2013 3:07 PM in response to AnoukJ

I believe that in excess of 320 million people are using iCloud to date ( those figures have probably increased.) I would think that Apple have taken note of this and therefore the increased iCloud services. Personally I am a bit of a fan of iCloud.

There has been some reaction, but whether it will be enough for Apple to even consider returning the local sync optio, is something that will become evident in the future. For now you can always try Barney 15-E's excellent post on setting up your own local server to do this.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6311

Good Luck

Pete

sync iPhone/Maverick WITHOUT iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.