Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help!My ipod 4th generation won't charge, turn on or appear in itunes!

I've only had my ipod shuffle a few weeks for running. I had it on charge on my work PC all day, when it came to running home it wouldn't play.

The things I have tried;

• Held down on 'play' button for a few seconds, it beeps flashes green but nothing happens.
  • I've try to restore .. switch off, wait ten seconds, turn on - nothing happens.
  • I've plugged it into my laptop - red light appears and then nothing.

I'm all out of ideas, as it doesn't show up on my computer, nor in i-tunes I can't reset it as per the help support guidelines ... !

Can anyone help me? I'd be forever grateful!

iPod shuffle

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 2:11 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2013 12:09 PM in response to poppins85

If the red light is shown when connected, that may indicated the USB port is not providing sufficient power to operate the shuffle and charge its battery. If your computer is a laptop, connect its power adapter, so that it's not running on battery power. If you are using a hub, try connecting the shuffle to a direct USB port on the computer, by itself, with no other USB devices connected.

The cause may also be a problem on the shuffle with charging. It is under warranty for one year from purchase date.

NOTE: The shuffle is not waterproof, or even water resistant. It is best to wear it clipped to a location that has air circulation, like shirt sleeve, to minimize prolonged contact with sweat.

Help!My ipod 4th generation won't charge, turn on or appear in itunes!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.