Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I play iPad games like Clash of Clans on my iMac or MBP

I have watched a bunch of videos on YouTube that allegedly state that by installing an application such as (but not limited to) XCode I can play iPad games on my Macs. I have not been able to get ANYTHING to work. Has Apple or any 3rd party ever came up with a way to play IOS games on OSX? Xcode specifically was stated in the videos as only being able to run on OSX 10.7 or later. Another video said that it requires 10.8.4 or later. I run 10.8.5. After the 30 minute download and install (big file) it told me that my OSX was not compatible with the application. I got Xcode from the App store.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 3:50 PM

18 replies

Dec 15, 2013 7:21 PM in response to xcfdanyboy

Thank you xcfdanyboy; however, I already checked out this guys youtube video (blip.tv/simonvideo). The problem for me is I do not have a google account, and will never voluntarily give google any information about me that would be needed to secure a google account. I do not even visit youtube using the traditional internet (WWW). I have not and will never again trust google after they released their updated "privacy" policy on March 1 2011 (or 2012). I do not even their search engine any more (sadly because I loved it).

I will check out your 2nd suggestion. Thank you again for responding to me though.

Nope, the 2nd suggestion also requires me to divulge info to google. Thank you again for both of your suggestions, they will just not work for me. I guess I may be relegated to playing on my Lady's game on her Ipad unless I buy my own Ipad some day. Although I really do not want to drop another $700+ for another Ipad simply so I can play a free game. Who knows.

Feb 12, 2016 6:00 PM in response to kchercmech

iOS simulator is something you will get after huge download of Xcode and I don't think running an application on it is possible as long as you yourself are not the developer of that application. I used to play COC on Macbook through an Android Emulator called "Andy" you may download that and then run any android application. It's a small download as compared to Xcode. You can then download anything on the Emulator by connecting your Mac to WiFi and turning on WiFi in the Emulator and using it just like any other normal android tab. You have to find a workaround at the beginning on how to transfer files from your mac to the Android Emulator if you are going to use an already saved.apk file of COC. (Don't ever download bluestack android Emulator they still have to work a lot on their product to make it reach the level of Andy)

You can get Andy here. >>> http://www.andyroid.net/

How can I play iPad games like Clash of Clans on my iMac or MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.