Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just reinstalled with my startup disc on my g4. Went all the way to restart and now all I get is the grey screen and the spinning wheel of death. Any ideas?

Just reinstalled with my startup disc on my g4. Went all the way to restart and now all I get is the grey screen and the spinning wheel of death. Any ideas?

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.4.2)

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 4:51 PM

3 replies

Nov 28, 2013 4:12 PM in response to Touchsong

Yes it was the original disc. I finally found an option on the disc setting that wasn't the default install. It was the option to erase the existing files and install the new. That managed to get me to the second disc install and after 2 tries I managed to get it installed. I am actually writing this post with the repaired G4 with os x 10.4.11. Not alot of the newer search engines or itunes downloads are working like they should but I will work through those issues.

Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.