Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlinking Apple ID from a used iPhone

Hi

I've bought a used iPhone from one of my friends. It has his Apple ID, and I want to unlink it. Apple's tutorial suggests that I should reset the device, but I don't want to reset it. Is there a way to unlink the Apple ID, and use mine without reset/restore the iPhone? But also, making sure that my friend's email won't be required for iOS 7 activation in the future... Please advice

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 9:43 PM

69 replies

Jan 11, 2014 9:40 AM in response to Cabetinho

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I bought a second hand iphone 4 and it was reset. However, it is still linked to the original owners apple ID because they apparently have find my iphone activated. I have contacted them through the site I bought it from but they won't reply so I cannot use the website you suggested since I don't have thier password.

Any ideas how I can unlink this thing from their apple ID and activate it as mine?

Trace

Jan 11, 2014 10:39 AM in response to thetrace70

No. I'm realistic. You, on the other hand, have apparently decided to reject reality and substitute your own.

You bought a stolen phone. It's a brick now. The fact that the seller won't respond to you should be a clue.

Apple won't help you. There is nothing you can do about it. Turn it over to the police. Give them all the information you can about who you bought it from, and go buy a phone you can use.

Unlinking Apple ID from a used iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.