Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

21.5-inch, Late 2009 iMac has horizontal line towards the bottom of my screen. How do I remove it? I am running OS X version 10.9Thank you.

21.5-inch, Late 2009 iMac has horizontal line towards the bottom of my screen. How do I remove it?

I am running OS X version 10.9.

This has been the issue for 2 weeks and has become common after I switch on my iMac.

Thank you.

iMac

Posted on Nov 28, 2013 5:50 AM

2 replies

Nov 30, 2013 2:57 PM in response to Grog85

Hey there Grog85,

It sounds like you are getting a horizontal line toward the bottom of your screen. I want to recommend these troubleshooting steps to help you troubleshoot that from the article named:

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1573

Reset the system

You can reset the Mac's parameter RAM and SMC.

Reset the resolution

Start by resetting the Mac's parameter RAM. If the display does not come up, was previously set to an unsupported resolution, and still results in no video:

1. Start up in Safe Mode.
  2. From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences.
  3. Choose Displaysfrom the View menu to open the preferences pane.
  4. Select any resolution and refresh rate that your display supports.
  5. Restart your computer.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

21.5-inch, Late 2009 iMac has horizontal line towards the bottom of my screen. How do I remove it? I am running OS X version 10.9Thank you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.