Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On lock/unlock screen, media player controls display instead of clock. No apps are open. Why???

When my phone's screen is off and I hit the sleep/unlock button on top or the home button at the bottom, the media player controls (play, rewind, fast forward) display instead of the normal clock. I have to hit the home button one more time to get the clock to show up. If the screen is locked again, the same thing happens every time I turn the screen back on. I have verified that there are no apps open or in the background. This is very frustrating and annoying that I can't see the clock just by hitting the home button once like normal. How do I fix this? This just started randomly.

iOS 7.0.4

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 28, 2013 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 5:32 PM

I also had this issue. Don't know why it happens but a full power cycle fixed it.

3 replies

On lock/unlock screen, media player controls display instead of clock. No apps are open. Why???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.