4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2013 9:40 AM by Victoria Herring
Victoria Herring Level 2 Level 2 (290 points)

I am using iPad and iOS7 and was in SEttings and turned on VoiceOver == but then stopped using the ipad and when I went in to start up again it only let me use Voice Over = ti read the word 'swipe' and didn't let me swipe to go into settings to turn off Vocie Over == I  hae hit ahd Home button 3 times without success and I did a reset [Home plus sleepwake] without success == I can't get out of Vocie Over....is there any way to do that???

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6.1.3
  • Diavonex Level 9 Level 9 (66,500 points)

Turn off VoiceOver

1. Press the Home button

2. Tap Settings.

3. Then double-tap Settings.

4. Tap General.

5. Then double-tap General.

6. Use three fingers on the screen to scroll to Accessibility

7. Tap Accessibility.

8. Then double-tap Accessibility

9. Tap VoiceOver

10. Then double-tap VoiceOver.

11. Tap "On" next to VoiceOver

12. Then double-tap "On" to turn it off.

• Victoria Herring Level 2 Level 2 (290 points)

I can't do it that way =- VO is on, when I hit Home button it brings up the swipe screen so I need to unlock the iPad before I do anything else = If I hold down the Home button then Siri comes up but it's not available because not connected to the internet == I can't get to Settings at all because I can't get pass my passcode.

I was able to swipe to the R and uncover the passcode area but now I can't enter in the numbers of the code...?  VO is speaking Passcode and the numbers but not inputting them.

I FINALLY was able to do it with trial and error = thanks for the info you sent == basically, you need to swipe [I forget whether 1-2-3 fingers but you swipe R] and the passcode screen comes up - you hit the open bar twice to sel;ect it, then hit the # once to select it, then hit the same # twice to put it in the bar...onto the next #, do the same thing = hit once to select and twice to input...then hit OK once to select and twice to input [it's the double tap gesture to input the data selected with single tap]

whew!!!now I can use it again== no more experimenting...today at least.

thanks!!!