Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork, iCloud and iOS7 syncing (and Dropbox)

I have been using Dropbox for years to have access to my docs on multiple devices, but with the new Pages and Numbers apps, Dropbox cannot upload the files. Therefore I am reduced to using iCloud. After multiple tries, I was able to successfully open a numbers doc on all devices. But:

if I work on a document on my Mac, leave, and 15 minutes later try to access that doc on my iPad in a location without wireless, I will be unable to do it. And in fact will be unable to access the (one true copy) of the document until I have wireless access again. Correct?

AND -- has Apple rectified the syncing problems that were occurring a few months ago?

AND -- does anyone know if the Dropbox problem will be fixed. (The files upload as folders, not files, and are inaccessible.)

Thanks!

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 28, 2013 8:43 AM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2013 9:02 AM in response to Susan Chute

Susan Chute wrote:

But:

if I work on a document on my Mac, leave, and 15 minutes later try to access that doc on my iPad in a location without wireless, I will be unable to do it. And in fact will be unable to access the (one true copy) of the document until I have wireless access again. Correct?

Yes that's correct, but it's only the same with dropbox, if you don't have internet access, you can't download any documents.

There aren't any issues with iCloud document syncing, any issues that occur are specific to a small number of users and there are usually reasons why these events occur.

I don't have any idea whether dropbox will come out with a fix, it may require input or permission from Apple.

You can still use dropbox for your iWork documents, you just need to share them with yourself via mail or message rather than choosing the open in option which you have been used to.

iWork, iCloud and iOS7 syncing (and Dropbox)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.