Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually migrate 10.8 service data to 10.9?

Hello Community Members---

For those in the USA, Happy Thanksgiving. The fact that I'm on the computer should tell you how I'm spending my day.

For background, my 2010 Mac Mini/Mountain Lion/Server 2.2.2 drives got corrupted and I decided to build a Mavericks/Server 3 server. My user and service data is on an external HD. I have an acceptatble OD archive I can import when I get to that step. For reasons that are quite embarassing, I do not have access to my TimeMachine backup (can't get encryption password to work :-[ ), and I cannot seem to get Migration Assistant to recognize any volumes other than the TimeMachine backup (and the corrupt slice from the original boot drive/RAID I left in place), so I seem to be stuck with figuring out how to manually migrate service data to whatever format/location 10.9/Mavericks seems to want.

I was going to, and still may, just go ahead and push through the deleting service data under /Volumes/myvol/Library, and try copying the data folders back, but I suspect based on previous upgrades it won't be this simple. Plus, since I removed Server.app (based on this article in order to try Migration Assistant) I cannot get it to go past the "Preparing services" step, so it appears I'll be nuking the Mavericks install and starting over. Man how I love the ease of Apple's upgrades....

If covered elsewhere, I haven't found it; my question is: Is there an internal tool to migrate service data to the Mavericks/Server 3 formats and so it will be recognized?

Thanks,

Tim

Mac mini, OS X Server

Posted on Nov 28, 2013 9:15 AM

There are no replies.

Manually migrate 10.8 service data to 10.9?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.