Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod isn't playing certain songs. Help?

I connected my iPod to my computer and went on iTunes to rearrange my songs. Then all of a sudden when I clicked on a song to play a song, an explanation point appeared next to the song and the song won't play. Then I ejected the iPod and tried to play a play on there and then most of my songs

started not allowing me to play them. Then next to the songs on my iPod these circles with a square in the middle of them started to appear. What's happening to my iPod? And how can I fix this?

This is a picture of what I mean.

User uploaded file

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 28, 2013 8:58 AM

6 replies

Dec 10, 2013 11:32 PM in response to lllaass

I think I have eventually found a solution to this problem. I hope you can understand my instructions. Connect iPod to computer - iTunes to sync.

1. Before you sync, click onto iphone
  2. Click onto the music tab
  3. Deselct entire music library
  4. Click onto selected playlists, artists, albums and genres
  5. I used playlists so deselect all except for one playlist
  6. Click apply (iPod will now sync) - you will only have this playlist on your iPdo, all others will have been erased
  7. Now select all playlists you want on your iPhone
  8. Click apply (iPod will sync again)
  9. All red boxes in circles have disappeared and I can play all my music

*Please note I have NOT tried this with artists, albums and genres.

I have iTunes 11.1.3 on an iMac OSX 10.8.5

I will be interested to know if this works for others as well as myself, good luck 😕

May 3, 2014 9:38 AM in response to xkatiebell

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!! Tried everything. I went to every single discussion since this started happening last September, and tried every fix suggested. Took 4 trips, and spent 8 hours at the "genus" bar at my local Apple Store. Subsequently lost all of my photos and videos. Nothing worked! Here's the one solution that did:

Download Google Play and put all of your songs there.

iTunes is terrible. Get your act together Apple. I've owned almost every iPhone put into production, only now am I considering switching. What a shame this company is becoming.

My iPod isn't playing certain songs. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.