Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access Finder

Opened my 13" MacBook Pro for the first time in a week, and getting warning screens that a plug-in called MediaToolbox is causing the Finder to fail to open. Since I can't access the Finder I can't trash the plug-in.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 28, 2013 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2013 9:29 AM

I get a few hits when Googling "MediaToolbox" but I have no real idea of what it is or why it could be causing your problem.

Try booting into Safe Mode (holding down the Shift key whilst booting). This will disable all third-party extensions from loading. It will be slow and performance may seem sluggish. Use "EasyFind" to search for "mediatool" and drag anything that you find to a folder on your Desktop and then reboot.

Does this help?

Clinton

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2013 9:29 AM in response to Steven Springer

I get a few hits when Googling "MediaToolbox" but I have no real idea of what it is or why it could be causing your problem.

Try booting into Safe Mode (holding down the Shift key whilst booting). This will disable all third-party extensions from loading. It will be slow and performance may seem sluggish. Use "EasyFind" to search for "mediatool" and drag anything that you find to a folder on your Desktop and then reboot.

Does this help?

Clinton

Can't access Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.