Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help installing Airport Express with Netgear N150 wireless router? I hav

Hi,

I just purchased the newer Airport Express (new) and am having issues using it in client mode with my Netgear N150 wireless router. All I want to use it for is streaming itunes from my aluminum macbook to my home stereo system, wirelessly.

I have followed the instructions that came with the device. No luck. I have followed the instructions that describe plugging it into an ethernet cable here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1731

With the apple instructions linked above it would connect fine to my existing wireless network, using airport utility, with 'excellent' connection, but when I tried to switch in itunes to my device from my computer i get the pinning wheel and an 'unknown error' occurs.

I have setup a new wireless account and password on my router as desribed at this page, but do get confused when it tells me to use the hex key and $. Haven't worked that out yet. Any advice would be appreciated if this would help.

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20041017233832771

At best, after hard resetting the device several times, and following the instructions above at macworld, it now finds the device but only plays one blip second of a song, flashing amber from solid green, sometimes playing a second blip of a song, then pausing the song and switching to a flashing amber. By restarting my computer or opening AirPort utiliy I am able to find it again, but it either only plays one second of a song and drops again or turns green and is not able to be found at all by itunes (the button doesn't show up in the menu).

This is the second airport I have tried in 2 years. I purchased a used one and had nearly the exact same issues with a linksys router. Then it would play an album but reset if a song was paused.I had to hard reset it nearly every time i wanted to stream from itunes to my stereo. I assumed it was broken and sent it back. Figured I 'd give it a new go around with a new unit since i just moved into a new house and am now shocked at how difficult it is to set up. I have never had this many issues with an apple device.

My questions:

1) How can I set this up with my existing router? What am I doing wrong?! Why is it so difficult?

2) If not possible, what routers are compatible? I would gladly get a new router in order to stream music to my stereo from ITunes.

thank you for any assistance. i am pulling my hair out.

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Nov 28, 2013 11:04 AM

There are no replies.

Help installing Airport Express with Netgear N150 wireless router? I hav

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.