Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My time won't update when screen is off, tried auto and manual set. What can I do?

My clock won't keep the correct time, when the screen is off it does not update correctly. I have tried using auto set and enabling the option in location services, and I have tried doing a manual set. In either scenario, when the screen is off, the clock stops counting time. I'm on an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 28, 2013 12:37 PM

19 replies

Nov 28, 2013 6:36 PM in response to Aristhon

I found this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4347494?start=15&tstart=0 that discusses several other people having the same issue. My phone is on Straight Talk but running through TFW carrier (which is Verizon's CDMA towers), and apparently perhaps the data signal is somehow messing up the date and time.

I will still talk to Apple tomorrow and see what they can tell me.

Nov 29, 2013 9:11 AM in response to Aristhon

Okay, so I found an solution. I can't speak for all other CDMA-based carriers (which seems to be the issue), but as a customer of Straight Talk, I called them and they registered some kind of update with my device that allows communication between their leased towers and my device (as if it wasn't already on it? 😝).

Regardless, if you're experiencing this issue, call your carrier first to see if there's anything they can do for you, as this doesn't seem to be an Apple device issue. Cheers, all! 🙂

My time won't update when screen is off, tried auto and manual set. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.