Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'You've already rented this but it hasn't been downloaded. Go to Downloads to manage your downloads.' Where and how do I do this.

How does one do this.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 28, 2013 1:51 PM

56 replies

Jan 28, 2017 6:47 AM in response to Spvone

I fixed this problem by going back to the I Tunes store and re clicking the original rent download on my movie,this caused the downloads icon on the bottom right to appear. Quickly exit out and click on it because it will disappear. After I opened the downloads icon it said I needed more space to download my movie. So I just cleared some space and then repeated those steps again and it worked!

May 11, 2017 6:51 AM in response to Spvone

On the iTunes Store there is a button on the bottom (probably right hand) corner that says "more" with 3 dots. Click the button and you will see different options. Click "downloads" if you do not see your movie there and it says "there are no current downloads" click out of the iTunes Store and go to the "videos" icon. If you're on a iPhone you will see your previously purchased movies. On the bottom of your screen there will be two options one in the left corner (movies) and one in the right corner (rentals). Click on rentals and you should see the movie, you will probably only be able to see it here if you previously tried to download it. Hope this was helpful.

Nov 30, 2013 1:16 PM in response to Spvone

Hey Spvone,

Thanks for the question. I understand you need to resume a rental download. To do so, follow these steps:

If your download was interrupted using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. From the Home screen, tap the iTunes app.

2. For iPhone or iPod touch, tap More > Downloads. For iPad, tap Downloads.

3. Enter your account name and password if prompted.

4. Tap the blue download arrow to resume.

If you can't complete the download on your iOS device, you can download it in iTunes on your Mac or PC and then sync it to your iOS device. You can also transfer purchases from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to a computer.

iTunes: How to resume interrupted iTunes Store downloads

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1725

Thanks,

Matt M.

Dec 1, 2013 2:52 AM in response to matt00

"2. For iPhone or iPod touch, tap More > Downloads. For iPad, tap Downloads."

What if the Downloads icon isn't showing up in my iPad's iTunes app anymore? The last icon is now Purchased. I've tried signing out/in, tapping the cloud again in the corner of my rental, but I'm trapped in this loop without my rental. *****. :/

Jan 1, 2014 9:42 AM in response to converge_br

None of this helps.

I have rentals that didn't complete (enough space on my iPad). The "Rentals" tab says "Go to Downloads to manage your downloads" - there is no such "Downloads" link/tab/icon on iTunes or anywhere else. Cannot download onto my computer's iTunes as it's nothing is showing under available downloads. No rentals either. But checking my billing history shows me that I have well been charged for the movies.

***, Apple???

Jan 9, 2014 2:59 AM in response to Spvone

I too am cranky about this! what a load of hassle for no rental. I am finding most apple interfaces culturally manipulative and deadended. A limited set of options, a series of technical hurdles to get anywhere and ensuing insecurity about the bankable future of any purchases made through these thoroughly confounding 'shopfronts' BAHHH!

Jan 21, 2014 1:08 PM in response to gretchen16

I am also looking for the same solution to this. Where is this so called "Downloads" button on the iPAD Apple??? And as stated above, renting a 24 hour movie that then takes you 48 hours to get a support response is my definition of insane. Huge thumbs down on this one and I am usually a very big Apple fan.

So, if someone from Apple could take a moment out of there day to reply to us I think it would go a long way here.................

'You've already rented this but it hasn't been downloaded. Go to Downloads to manage your downloads.' Where and how do I do this.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.