Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating to iOS 7 and seeing the various threads on here discussing the issue I'm still unsure about why the front camera on my 4s isn't working

The back cam works fine but when I swap it around it gives me this blurry picture and I can't change it back wihtout exiting the camera app. I've already tried resetting and rebooting but to no avail. I'm beginning to think the last time it was being fixed something went awry that caused the camera to malfunction? Thanks for the help in advance

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 28, 2013 1:54 PM

3 replies

Nov 28, 2013 5:19 PM in response to dylanon95

What are you referring to when you say, "the last time it was being fixed"? Has this phone been repaired by a 3rd party instead of Apple?

You mention resetting and rebooting, have you tried a restore from a backup and if necessary, restore as new? These are the last two user troubleshooting steps before taking the device to Apple to have it evaluated.

Nov 29, 2013 1:35 PM in response to dylanon95

Is this 3rd party you are referring to an authorized Apple service provider? If not, there isn't much you can do except accept what you got. The front camera that you describe you having trouble with is part of the screen assembly on newer phones. There are connections that have to be made, and in the process of putting it back together, things can get disconnected, or pinched. Not sure if you can get it back to the service center to have it checked to make sure they put it together correctly.

After updating to iOS 7 and seeing the various threads on here discussing the issue I'm still unsure about why the front camera on my 4s isn't working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.