Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my friends not syncing with contacts - names or pictures

Updated Find my friends with ios7.0.4 was working fine until today. then stopped syncing contact names and pictures. Imessage and other apps working just fine, but fmf seems to have lost it.

Privacy settings are ok, fmf has access to contacts and pictures.

Tried to add to contacts, but it fails to add to existing or to add a new contact without generating any error messages.

At a loss for what could be causing the issue.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4, FMF

Posted on Nov 28, 2013 2:51 PM

7 replies

Feb 6, 2014 5:27 PM in response to Kirik9

Hi,

Did you ever resolve this?

Last night the exact same thing happened to me.

I have iphone 5s with ios7.0.4 with exchange contacts.

I have tried force close FMF, hard reset phone, reset privacy settings, reallow FMF, deleted contaxts from contacts and added again, deleted email addresses from contacts and added again. the only thing i haven't tried is deleting FMF and reinstalling because i don't want to have to add everyone again...

This is driving me CRAZY! lol.

Thanks.

Feb 6, 2014 5:35 PM in response to xrfr8

OK, THE SOLUTION:

YOU HAVE TO DELETE FIND MY FRIENDS AND INSTALL IT AGAIN FROM THE APP STORE...

That is the only way i could get it to work. I stuffed around with it for HOURS trying every different combination of things and the only thing that worked was to delete and reinstall FMF app.

AND it DIDN'T lose the friends in the app! Which is GREAT!

Hope that helps someone else...

Apr 20, 2014 5:16 PM in response to Kirik9

Hello, I deleted the app and re loaded it, rebooted phone, still no go.

here is my problem:

Hello,

All of a sudden my wife and I can't send/receive invitations with Find My Friends App. Worked forever till recently. If I send the request from my phone her name will show up in the list as invited for 20 seconds then disappear. If I send the invite from her phone, I can only type in my email address that is my iCloud, but it stays grey and doesn't turn orange as valid. I have verified iCloud is working on her phone, I can manually do an iCloud backup, her Find my iPhone app works... but also on her phone...in her Contacts for her contact...I've added a photo...and when I log into Find My Friends, at the bottom of the screen where it shows "Me" it doesn't show the photo. Odd.... it's an iPhone 5, and on 7.1 Oh and location services are working on the phone too.

Any suggestions appreciated and thank you in advance. Hopefully I'm just missing something easy.

Regards,

Bob

Mar 20, 2016 12:11 AM in response to Kirik9

WHAT WORKED FOR ME

Messages> Search (NAME OF PERSON YOU WANT TO SHARE YOUR LOCATION WITH)>Details>Share my location

i did everything I could think of-changing my privacy settings, restarting my device, deleting find my friends and redownloading it and this is the only thing that worked for me! Let me know if this helps!

Find my friends not syncing with contacts - names or pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.