Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch calendar no longer syncs with Macbook after upgrade to Mavericks

I have a 2nd Gen iPod Touch, running iOS 4.2.1 (the latest available). My MacBook Air previously ran Mac OSX Lion, and would happily sync the calendar with my iPod. I've just upgraded to Mac OSX Mavericks, which apparently comes with iTunes 11.1, but plugging my iPod into the USB port no longer causes the calendar to sync. I've tried manually syncing through the iTunes interface but it simply ignores the calendar, which remains stuck as it was when I last synced.

What am I doing wrong here?

iPod touch (2nd generation), iOS 4.2

Posted on Nov 28, 2013 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2013 7:18 PM

Nothing, you cannot sync the calendar and contacts by wire with Mavericks. You would either have to use iCloud (not an option for you) or pay $20 and purchase and install a copy of Mavericks Server.

7 replies

Nov 24, 2015 1:27 AM in response to lllaass

Hello,

Problem between MacBookj Pro running Mavericks (10.9.5) and iPhone 4S running iOS 9.1.

Apparently this is an "Apple thing" as they now insist that we all use iCloud which I don't want to use !

I've tried syncing with "Sync Mate" but all I receive for contacts is "Failed". Calendar syncs OK.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHETHER MY MAVERICKS CONTACTS WILL "CABLE SYNC" WITH AN ANDROID PHONE, even if I have to use Sync Mate to do so? If this is a solution I'll sell my iPhone which I only bought to be able to sync as I've always done with a cable, and buy an Android.

Garoolgan

iPod Touch calendar no longer syncs with Macbook after upgrade to Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.