Skip navigation

lost my iphone 4s Yesterday

345 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2013 7:37 AM by Ingo2711 RSS
rameshmyadam Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 28, 2013 10:02 PM

Hi, I had lost my iphone 4s Yesterday , Please help me the tips to get it back,  as i raised the police compliant ...!

Not Sure from IMEI is able to track the iphone.As I heared that Jail Break can be done for disabling/changing of IMEI after thefted.

Kinldy please help me .....!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3
  • Ingo2711 Level 6 Level 6 (16,815 points)
    Nov 29, 2013 12:39 AM (in response to rameshmyadam)

Only if "Find my iPhone" hs been installed on your device before it got stolen, you might be able to track it:

Apple - iCloud - Find your missing Apple device.

• Alfred DeRose Level 5 Level 5 (5,590 points)
    Nov 29, 2013 1:05 AM (in response to rameshmyadam)

You should follow all of Apple's recommendations on what to do if your iDevice is lost or stolen.

Nov 29, 2013 3:44 AM (in response to rameshmyadam)

As we are users here just like you, we don't know about future plans from Apple about new security features.

But you can tell Apple about your wishes here: Apple - iPhone - Feedback

However, there is an activation lock installed, if you're running iOS7:

iCloud: Find My iPhone Activation Lock in iOS 7

Overview and frequently asked questions

With iOS 7, Find My iPhone includes a new feature called Activation Lock, which makes it more difficult for anyone else to use or sell your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if you ever lose it. It starts working the moment you turn on Find My iPhone in iOS 7. With Activation Lock, your Apple ID and password will be required before anyone can:

• Turn off Find My iPhone on your device
    • Erase your device
    • Reactivate and use your device

This can help you keep your device secure, even if it is in the wrong hands, and can improve your chances of recovering it. Even if you erase your device remotely, Activation Lock can continue to deter anyone from reactivating your device without your permission. All you need to do is keep Find My iPhone turned on, andremember your Apple ID and password.

copied from iCloud: Find My iPhone Activation Lock in iOS 7

Nov 29, 2013 3:48 AM (in response to rameshmyadam)

In order for Find my iPhone to work, the thief must allow it to connect to the mobile operator network or WiFi. If you have iOS 7 as your profile says, and you have activated a Passcode and Find my iPhone your information should be safe, but it's best to be cautious anyway. The person would need your Apple ID and password to restore the iPhone for their own use.

That doesn't mean much if the person sells it quickly to an unsuspecting buyer without turning it on. It may be them that discovers they can't activate it. Look around the forums and you will see many such people asking for help.

Not sure what you mean about the SIM card, but it's best to report the phone stolen and let the police manage that part of it. I don't think the operator will release any information to you personally.

Nov 29, 2013 5:29 AM (in response to rameshmyadam)

You're welcome. Nope, I think you have done all that you can do at this point. Good luck!

Nov 29, 2013 7:37 AM (in response to rameshmyadam)

Sorry, "Find my iPhone" and the Police report are your only chances to get your phone back.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.