Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did I get a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro in August 2013?

I bought a MacBook Pro around early August of 2013 (this year) for college and asked the lady at the Apple store if it was the latest MacBook Pro they had and she said yes. This month I saw my friend’s MacBook Pro and noticed it was lighter and it had the retina display. I was so puzzled, because to my knowledge we bought our MacBook Pros around the same time, if not close to the same time and when I looked up my laptop’s serial number it tells me that it is a MacBook Pro 13-inch Mid 2012. Why did I get a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro in August 2013? Am I missing something here? Did the one with the lighter one with the retina display come out perhaps on September 2013? I’m just confused and a tad upset about it. I’ve been naive this whole time and thought I had retina display, but I sure would’ve loved to have had the lighter MacBook Pro with retina display.. I’m guessing I can’t return or exchange it now because it’s been a few months since I bought it. Can someone please explain?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 2:14 AM

1 reply

Nov 29, 2013 2:42 AM in response to Stephykinss

You bought a non-Retina model and your friend purchased the Retina model. There were some updates on the Retina model in the first part of 2013 but nothing big. Apple still sells your non-Retina 13" model but it's the only non-Retina model currently available.

It's pretty simple - you purchased the non-Retina and your friend purchased the Retina model. The sales staff didn't mislead you in stating that each were the "latest" models: just two different models.

clinton

Why did I get a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro in August 2013?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.