Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When turning Off Restrictions, iPad moves previously restricted apps to the home screen

I this normal?

I've had the iPad Air for about 2 weeks now... and I'm sure I haev set and disables restrictions about a week ago with no problem....

But now..

If I restrict apps for age 9+ for example... those apps will be hidden from their folders... which is good and works as it should be.

When I then disable the restrictions it takes the app shortcut out of the folder and leaves it on the home screen!

To test this again I again enabled restrictions on ALL apps and then disabled the restrictions.... and the result was that ALL of my downloaded apps got moved out of their folders and placed on the home screen.

The apps like calendar and face time that come with the iPad were left in their folders.

What's going on????

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 6:16 AM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2013 7:51 AM in response to J Lemon

Thanks for the help... It's too bad that it works that way.... I have folders for each person in the family and wanted to age-restrict apps when my kids were playing, then disable restrictions whenever I was going to use it.... I guess I'll just have to leave those age restricted apps on the home screen.

I have submitted feedback.

When turning Off Restrictions, iPad moves previously restricted apps to the home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.