Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I bounce emails in Mac Mail using Mavericks?

Hello, this may have already been discussed, and if so, my apologies, I missed it...

In earlier versions of OSX, you could bounce an email back to the sender, and this feature was removed when the Lion upgrade came along...there have been workarounds for Lion and Mountain Lion to restore this feature, but is there one that works for the latest Maverick update?...I've read the pros and cons, I understand their viewpoints, but I would really like to be able to send certain email back to where it came from, and have it indicate that my address has 'fatal errors'...anyone know of a workaround involving restoring the bounce feature to maverick for Mac Mail? I've tried the Automator workaround, but it will only delete the emails, not bounce them back...at least it doesn't work when I send myself an email...anyone?

thanks in advance!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2 GHz Intel core 2 Duo, 6 GB RAM

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 2:25 PM

Two year old discussion here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3201744

8 replies

Apr 16, 2014 6:33 AM in response to backlineguy

don't care about spam. just every now Nd then you'll get someone sending you a message (maybe an ex-girlfriend/wife/....) and when THEY get the bounce email, IT DOES WORK. if you're saying that it's useless, I disagree. and yes, all they would have to do is a simple search to find out is a big ol', "I don't want your email" message, it was delivered.

ffs, that's ALL I want to be able to do. just bring it back for 5hits and giggles at least??

Can I bounce emails in Mac Mail using Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.