Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone multiple telephone numbers syncing?

Hi,

I have an iPhone an iPad and a MacPro and sync everyhting with iCloud (SMS, Photostream, Safari bookmarks) with this three devices.

My question: I am in a new job, where I have to travel a lot from Europe to USA and in Europe around, requiring me, to put in different countries different SIM-cards into my iphone 5... Does this work well with all the syncing? Anyone experience with this?. Of course I have to add all the new SIM cards and therefore telephone numbers to my icloud-Account. But is this working, like when I have not used one or the other SIM-Card for weeks or months?

Thanks for any help and anyone experienced with this situation?

thanks for reading, Rob

MacPro 2,66 QuadCore Xeon + G5 Quad + G4 1,47 +MacBook black, Mac mini SLS, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 6:24 AM

5 replies

Nov 29, 2013 7:08 AM in response to Rob Rocket

Hi ckuan, pdroth and thanks for your quick answers.

As far as I think about the situation, there are two "problem zones".

1. the synchronized iMessage timeout from Apple. I notice, when my iPad is switched off for a longer time, so the iMessage conversation will not load all message I had in the meantime on my MacPro. So only the last ones are there. There is never a guarantee of completion here and there (only on the hardware where it was written and received....)

2. The SMS which are received to the SIM-card A (not over iMessage) and direct to the "actual SIM Phone number"... When answering to these "normal" SMS, this will get confusing for the recepient, because I have received on telephone number A and answered from telephone number B... I am not even sure, that this will work...

Rob

iphone multiple telephone numbers syncing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.