Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what to do if I get the message: this airport support programme is not support this airport base station?

I am trying to extend my wlan - but the airport support programme is not recognizing the airport express base station (older modell - 321Z/A). It only shows my airport extreme and the other 4 airport express connected. Do I need an upgrade? how to get it?

airport express

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 7:37 AM

You might have Lion, Mountain Lion or Mavericks installed on your Mac.

The older AirPort Express that you have is not supported by AirPort Utility in these newer operating systems.

Please look for the model number on the side of the AirPort Express to confirm. Older versions are A1084 or A1088.

You will need to use a Mac running the Leopard or Snow Leopard operating systems, or a PC to be able to administer the older AirPort Express that you have.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2013 7:37 AM in response to gejay

You might have Lion, Mountain Lion or Mavericks installed on your Mac.

The older AirPort Express that you have is not supported by AirPort Utility in these newer operating systems.

Please look for the model number on the side of the AirPort Express to confirm. Older versions are A1084 or A1088.

You will need to use a Mac running the Leopard or Snow Leopard operating systems, or a PC to be able to administer the older AirPort Express that you have.

Nov 29, 2013 10:02 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Thx Bob, very helpful indeed.

I just bought the older airport express because you can plug it directly into the wall - for some purposes thats better than the new ones. I tried to install it with the blackbook of my son - well he has got LION on it - so that does not work either. The AE is the Model A1264, by the way. So it looks as if I have wasted some money here. The other two older AE I have were installed when I had still Snow Leopard - and the other two ones are new ones - so new problem there.

Anyway - thx a lot for your help and regards from Germany

what to do if I get the message: this airport support programme is not support this airport base station?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.