Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk Utility not completing

Only since Mavericks has Disk Utility sometimes not completed (though it's probably simply just a display bug).

I'm not having a problem regarding my system.... it's just that sometimes the DU window doesn't show the completion for verification (only) of my boot partition. Normally it gives a line in green that says all is okay.... but sometimes this okay does not appear even though the progress bar has disappeared (i.e. the verification has probably completed since the bar is gone).

I did a search in this forum for any similar problem (prior to posting this), but couldn't find anything.

Anyone else seeing this?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 27 inch

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 7:57 AM

5 replies

Nov 29, 2013 7:59 AM in response to RonL

This is indeed just a display problem. It is intermittent, but I have seen it as have many others. My understanding is that the verify/repair is working correctly, just not the display in Disk Utility. If you verify/repair the disk via the recovery partition everything appears ok.

charlie

Disk Utility not completing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.