Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth iPhone connection to iMac and visa versa

Shouldn't we, by now, be able to bluetooth connect the desktop computer to the smart phone to exchange files?

As I try pairing the iMac to the iPhone I briefly get the pairing number match then it drops the connection.

I tried System Preferences-Network- enabled bluetooth sharing. I get "this deveice does not have the necessary services"?!?!

I cant figure out why can't I Airdrop myself either, I was hoping this would work as an option to the bluetooth between the devices, NOPE!

Seems to hard to beleive with all the cool stuff we can do these day, this really *****! I am a photographer and am struggling to move images around between devices..Please don't tell me I have to copy and paste into an email to myself!!!!

And I really don't use iPhoto very much, if you're thinging streaming..I use Lightroom...

I'm on a mid 2010 iMac and an iPhone 5

Running Maverick (till the BLM rounds me up )

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 9:19 AM

Pairing between those devices is limited to tethering.

Barry

2 replies

Bluetooth iPhone connection to iMac and visa versa

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.