Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need to upgrade for iCloud.

I've avoided this as long as I can. I have iMac, MBPro, (both OSx10.6.8), iPad2, iPod, iPhone4S, and need iCloud for access to documents, etc. I use pages, numbers, iphoto, office for Mac (word and excell), and notes. I use skype and facetime (limited). My iMac is backed up to WD My Book Studio.

I'm thinking I want to upgrade to mountain lion. Might upgrade to Maverick if knowledgable sources suggest. Either way, do I upgrade to Lion, then Mountain Lion, then to Maverick? Or can you skip OSx's and upgrade directly to Mountain Lion or Maverick? I have nad NO issues with Snow Leopard.

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 9:05 AM

Either way, do I upgrade to Lion, then Mountain Lion, then to Maverick? Or can you skip OSx's and upgrade directly to Mountain Lion or Maverick?

You can upgrade to any, directly. You can skip over Lion/ML. I suggest upgrading to Mavericks because it is free, an easier upgrade process currently (neither Lion or ML or directly accessible from the app store to purchase), and has the the same minimum system requirements as Mountain Lion (see below):

OS X Mavericks: System Requirements - Support - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2013 9:05 AM in response to fccone

Either way, do I upgrade to Lion, then Mountain Lion, then to Maverick? Or can you skip OSx's and upgrade directly to Mountain Lion or Maverick?

You can upgrade to any, directly. You can skip over Lion/ML. I suggest upgrading to Mavericks because it is free, an easier upgrade process currently (neither Lion or ML or directly accessible from the app store to purchase), and has the the same minimum system requirements as Mountain Lion (see below):

OS X Mavericks: System Requirements - Support - Apple

need to upgrade for iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.