Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete personal content from iPod touch

I have an Ipod touch (32GB & 4th generation) that has been dropped countless times. On thanksgiving I accidentally dropped it again. When I picked it up, the screen turned white. After hold the home button and main power button for about 10 seconds it was semi-normal (could only function when hold the main power button). It slipped from my hands again causing the screen to permanently turn black. The ironic thing is that I could still press the home button and request for music to be played. I figured if I let the music play the battery would die. It finally did. Now when I plug it into iTunes it will charge but the screen is still black what do I do? I would like to delete my personal informatin (such as email, facebook, etc.) Can I do that from my computer? Is there no point in trying to do so once the iPod is completely dead? If there isn't a point in trying to do so, I will just properly dispose of it!

User uploaded file

Like I stated before, this isn't the first time it has been dropped. The very first time it fell on some concrete and the screen cracked. At thsi time my warranty had expired and I wasn't willing to cough up more than $50 to get it fixed.

I would like to extend a huge thank you to whoever can answer my questions and give me some feedback!

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 9:50 AM

If iTunes sees the iPod then

Connect the iOS device to your computer and restore ti factory settings/new iPod via iTunes. Make sure that no one is signed in iTunes>Store so your account email address is not on the iPod. The iPod will be erased.

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

2 replies

How to delete personal content from iPod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.