Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone tried Red Giant Denoiser II in Compressor?

Hi

I hope you can help me out. I've started using denoiser II and find it works great in FCP, although it does slow it down a bit. The issue I'm having is in compressor for a one and half hour project, it might take 6-7 hours to encode but when I've used denoiser II on 12 mins of that 1hr and half film, it has increased the encode time to over 27hours? (still encoding so not sure how long it is going to take). Have I done something wrong? Or why is it taking so long to encode? Can anyone help?

All clips are Apple pro res442 1080HD. I use an imac, OSx 10.6.8

Many thanks

Kaylee

Final Cut Pro 7

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 9:40 AM

4 replies

Nov 30, 2013 2:56 AM in response to Russ H

Hi Russ

Yes, all that's right. Sorry, didn't give enough information. It's the Red giant Magic Bullet denoiser plug in which I bought and downloaded to my FCP a couple of days ago. I was editing a project which had about 12 mins of noisey footage at the end. All the clips are apple prores 422 and I send it to compressor from FCP in drop down menu send to> compressor.

In compressor I use 'DVD best quality 90 mins', which i use as standard and it finished last night after taking around 33 and a half hours to turn into the video and audio files I then put into DVD studio pro. It usually takes me about 6 hours or so for this paticular process so I'm wondering if I've done something wrong with this plug-in? Or if anyone has used denoiser II and gone through this process before?

I use a Mac OSX version 10.6.8. Memory is 8GB. The processor is 3.06 Ghz Intel core 2 duo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Kaylee

Nov 30, 2013 6:14 AM in response to impossiblekiwi

OK. First, the DeNoiser filter is going to be a lot of work for a Core 2 Duo processor.

But I think the bottleneck is the Send to Compressor workflow. That is more processor-intensive than if Compressor were just given a rendered QT movie as its source file. It's a time-consuming workflow that I try to avoid.

So my suggestion is to run the filter and render your sequence. Then export as a QT movie Current Settings. Bring that into Compressor and submit. Overall, this should be significantly faster.

Good luck.

Russ

Has anyone tried Red Giant Denoiser II in Compressor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.