Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

are emails ending in icloud.com, icloudom, & me literally the same exact email account no matter what word you use?

Are icloud email ending ing "icloud", "icloudom," and "me" literally the same exact email address or can you make them into individual email addresses?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4, Update 3 iPhones on 1 account

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 9:54 AM

2 replies

Nov 29, 2013 10:05 AM in response to Jmaddox76

There is no email address with just 'icloud' or 'me'.

something@icloud.com, something@me.com and something@mac.com are all the same address (where 'something' is the same throughout of course). If you create an alias on the account it would be something_else@icloud.com but would still deliver into the same inbox.

However you can use Rules on the iCloud website to move incoming emails to different versions of the address into separate folders which you would create, so that you could keep them separate. To create a Rule, go to the Mail page at icloud.com and click the cogwheel icon at bottom left: choose 'Rules'.

are emails ending in icloud.com, icloudom, & me literally the same exact email account no matter what word you use?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.