Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to setup a new network with a new Airport Express

I need help setting up a brand new Airport Express and creating its own wireless network. I have a Motorola SB6141 cable modem that is connected to a Airport Extreme. The new Airport Express will be connected by an ethernet cable in another room.

To set it up where do I place the ethernet cable, in the WAN or Ethernet on the back of the AE?

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you for looking.

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 1:38 PM

First, power off the cable modem and leave it off for at least 30 minutes.

Then, connect an Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN "O" port on the AirPort Express.

Power up the modem first, and let it run for 5 minutes by itself, then power up the AirPort Express

You did not tell us what operating system you might have on your Mac or PC, or whether you are trying to use an iPad or iPhone for the setup, so we can't really go much further without guessing.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2013 1:38 PM in response to brainwave1989

First, power off the cable modem and leave it off for at least 30 minutes.

Then, connect an Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN "O" port on the AirPort Express.

Power up the modem first, and let it run for 5 minutes by itself, then power up the AirPort Express

You did not tell us what operating system you might have on your Mac or PC, or whether you are trying to use an iPad or iPhone for the setup, so we can't really go much further without guessing.

How to setup a new network with a new Airport Express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.