Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Mac was stolen. How can I recover my old photos on my new Mac?

Also unknowingly made a new apple ID when opening the new computer...Should I delete it? The old Apple ID iCloud was filling up in storage.

Thanks,

Dena

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 2:41 PM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2013 2:47 PM in response to denafromOH

The Mac that was stolen was connected to iCloud? Did it have photo stream enabled?

Hindsight is 20/20 obviously, but ALWAYS have a backup of your data, either externally or through the cloud. Dropbox has great functionality for this and offers to set it up when you connect your photo taking device.

If you didn't have photostream on that Mac or a backup, I don't know of any options for recovering your photos except to recover the stolen computer. (Which isn't impossible either if Find My Mac is enabled on it)

It would be a good idea to eiether delete your old Apple ID or to change your login credentials so the thief won't have access to your credit card information.

Old Mac was stolen. How can I recover my old photos on my new Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.