Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logo missing on back of iPad?

I recently cracked the screen of an ipad and had warranty on it. So i went and got it replaced. But then i noticed there wasnt any Logo or any type of writing on the back of the iPad. I had gotten it replaced by Best Buy and was curious to why the Logo was missing. Is there a reason the logo wasnt on the back?

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 5:24 PM

I am making an assumption here. Best Buy has their own repair service with the warranty that they offer. So you didn't get official Apple parts, but instead got aftermarket parts that meet Apple specs but are not official Apple replacement parts. And like I said, this is just a guess on my part.

I know nothing about how the Best Buy warranty works, but as far as I know, Apple still doesn't repair iPads, they replace devices with refurbs that look identical to the brand new device, so this work wasn't done by Apple.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2013 5:24 PM in response to FZDaycare

I am making an assumption here. Best Buy has their own repair service with the warranty that they offer. So you didn't get official Apple parts, but instead got aftermarket parts that meet Apple specs but are not official Apple replacement parts. And like I said, this is just a guess on my part.

I know nothing about how the Best Buy warranty works, but as far as I know, Apple still doesn't repair iPads, they replace devices with refurbs that look identical to the brand new device, so this work wasn't done by Apple.

Nov 29, 2013 10:31 PM in response to Demo

Just examined mine closely. The logo, brand name and other identifying marks are etched into the aluminum. Not something that will scratch or peel off. OTOH and as an example, owners of fine watches like Rolex, etc., have to be doubly careful when taking them in for service, cause there have been many instances of the goodie getting swapped with a cheap fake.

Just saying...

Logo missing on back of iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.