Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s home button feels less sturdy?

I've had my iPhone 5s for about 3 weeks now. I've always thought my home button felt different than my 4, but now I really realize how much different it is. First of all, I feel like the home button is a little sunken down. Not dramatically but just in the sense that it's not the same level as the phone. For example, if you put your finger on the button and move it up and out your finger will go up as you're moving out. Secondly, the button just feels different. I can't really explain it. If I push the button towards the bottom it's smooth and doesn't make any noise. If I move up toward the middle and the top it does a weird feeling like it's not very sturdy and it makes a much louder noise. I've seen that other users have this issue and I'm just wondering if this is normal for the phone or not. I'm wondering if I should call Verizon and ask them about this. It's not terrible, it's just a little annoyance.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 7:18 PM

4 replies

iPhone 5s home button feels less sturdy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.