You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Kindle app dictionary

Definitions for words don't show up when I press a word. All I get is the choice to DL the Google or Wikipedia ones. So how do I get the built-in dictionary to work? I have the latest version of the app.

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 8:23 PM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2013 10:55 PM in response to KissieK

You have to install the dictionary. tap a word and if you haven't already, you should get a message that says... "Download Dictionary. To display definitions, download the free dictionary.

If you don't then maybe try deleting and reinstalling the Kindle app. You will need to download your books again, but that's a small price to get it working if you need it.

Beyond that, I think you would probably be better off asking in the Kindle iOS app support forum.

Mar 11, 2014 9:22 AM in response to KissieK

I had the same problem bud I found out how to solve it. Go to your Kindle account online and there you will see a list of your books as well as some other items - FREE DICTIONARIES! Click on the "Actions..." button on the right, select "Deliver to my..." and choose where you want to be able to use the dictionary. After that, the downloaded dictionary should remain in yout device.

Problem with Kindle app dictionary

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.