Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Have a silver w/Mirror doors dual 867 running OSX10.2. I try to install OS9.2.1 I get "THIS PROGRAM CAN NOT RUN ON YOUR COMPUTER" Message I need to be able to run Classic.

I have a powermac Silver with mirror doors 867 dual processors running OSX 10.2 no problem there but I need to run Classic but when I try to install OS 9.2.1 I get a "THIS PROGRAM CAN NOT RUN ON YOUR COMPUTER" message.

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.2.x)

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 10:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2013 12:01 AM

Your G4 (MDD) dual 867MHz model Mac requires the model-specific version of OS 9.2.2 which originally came with that machine. It can not use any other version of OS 9.

The model-specific version of OS 9.2.2 can be installed using the original disk set which came with that machine; that disk set boots to OS X 10.2, but the installer on it can install OS 9.2.2 (Classic) as an option.

There is no stand-alone install disk (such as a retail, i.e. white-label, CD) which can be used to install Classic on that model G4.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2013 12:01 AM in response to KachinaStudios

Your G4 (MDD) dual 867MHz model Mac requires the model-specific version of OS 9.2.2 which originally came with that machine. It can not use any other version of OS 9.

The model-specific version of OS 9.2.2 can be installed using the original disk set which came with that machine; that disk set boots to OS X 10.2, but the installer on it can install OS 9.2.2 (Classic) as an option.

There is no stand-alone install disk (such as a retail, i.e. white-label, CD) which can be used to install Classic on that model G4.

Nov 30, 2013 6:27 PM in response to Don Archibald

Hey Don,

Thanks for your quick response I have searched all over for a answer for weeks. I have a set of grey installer disk of OSX10 and OS9 but they did not come with this computer and a retail version of OS9 but nothing worked. A retail version of OSX10.2 worked perfect. So I guess I'm SOL. I was running a music recording progarm on classic so I guess I will have to update to a OSX10 version. No big deal. But now I have a new problem I was using a RS422 Serial port card for my MIDI interface so I need to find software for the card compatible with OSX10.2.

Thanks again so much!

I Have a silver w/Mirror doors dual 867 running OSX10.2. I try to install OS9.2.1 I get "THIS PROGRAM CAN NOT RUN ON YOUR COMPUTER" Message I need to be able to run Classic.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.