Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heating issues with MBP 13 inch 2013 model

Is anyone having a heating issues with MacBook Pro 2013 13 inch model. After browsing for just 20 mins, the laptop becomes hot.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 11:18 PM

11 replies

Nov 30, 2013 8:14 PM in response to LowLuster

Ya, when i saw browsing, simple net browsing doesn't really heat it up!! but if i watch a video over the net, namely from netflix, after 40 mins, its kind of hot.. not unbearably hot like my previous dell laptop, but its still uncomfortable!!

Also, not that the video was played using safari with flash plugin!!

Dec 1, 2013 12:14 AM in response to Usr_21

145°F is COOL after 45-60 minute of video. Nothing wrong with your Mac or the cooling/heat reduction system in it.

Usr_21 wrote:

anyways, the temperature of the CPU proximity captured using IStats is at 145 F, after 45 - 1 hr of video play. I am not sure, if thats the norm.. please let me know, if there is something wrong with it.

Apr 12, 2014 3:33 PM in response to LowLuster

Hey I know you posted this a long time ago. However just wanted also say that 145f is cool. I purchased a refurb MacBook Pro 13 late 2013 and after 30- 60 min of watching Netflix it would reach up to 177f or 81c. Now that's hot. So you shouldn't worry about you Mac, it working great. I am also glad I read your post because after reading your post I sent mine back to get a new one.

Heating issues with MBP 13 inch 2013 model

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.