Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

canon pixma mp530 won't scan in mavericks---driver needed?

Canon Pixma mp530 won't scan in Mavericks---the scanner feature is grayed out. Get a message that the printer software is installed incorrectly. Is this printer supported by Mavericks?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 30, 2013 6:45 AM

26 replies

Jan 26, 2014 1:33 PM in response to Itchy51

After I upgraded to Mavricks I could print just fine and even over my network, but I couldn't scan using either image capture or twain in Photoshop.

To get it working, I downloaded the driver and scanning software MP Navigator 2.2 from Canon for Mountain Lion (10.8). Whew, I really like this printer/scanner and was not looking forward to replacing it since everthing else has been working fine.

Feb 20, 2014 5:08 AM in response to Itchy51

I can print on Mavericks using the earlier driver (as others have mentioned). However, the earlier MP Nav for scanning still did not work. Since I already have VMWare Fusion running on my iMac, I downloaded the latest MP Nav for Windows, pass thru the Printer, and voila! Scanning works fine. I know it's not "mac-pure" but it was the only choice I had. So, if you have Fusion (or another windows emulator) you may have similar success on scanning.

May 18, 2014 12:44 PM in response to Itchy51

after recently upgrading and finding this issue, i installed the lion drivers and version 2.2.5 of mp navigator now it works just like it used to in Snow Leopard. Not sure if it was the driver update or the MP Navigator or both. All I know is MP navigator 2.2.4 refused to stay open and a huge list of stuff popped up as to why. Rest assured this did the trick!

Nov 3, 2014 6:37 AM in response to Itchy51

I know that under mavericks the scanner did not work until i installed and older driver MP navigator 2.2.4

My be true for Mavericks, try it and let us all know.

When you download from the canon site put in the older OS 10.6 Now what about YosemitE???

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_s eries/pixma_mp530#DriversAndSoftware

Nov 3, 2014 6:41 AM in response to Itchy51

I meant to say...

I know that under mavericks the scanner did not work until i installed and older driver MP navigator 2.2.4

My be true for Yosemite, try it and let us all know.

When you download from the canon site put in the older OS 10.6 Now what about YosemitE???

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_s eries/pixma_mp530#DriversAndSoftware

canon pixma mp530 won't scan in mavericks---driver needed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.