Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator searching labels rather than tags

Hi,

I'm having a problem with automator since labels changed to tags.

I have a few different tags on each file which I'll call Tag A, Tag B, Tag C, and Tag D. Tag A and Tag B are both orange, Tag C is yellow, and Tag D is blue.

If I have a file that should be Tag A and Tag D so I tag it with both tags. The file shows up like this:

User uploaded file

When I use tags in finder it shows up in both Tag A and Tag D.

In automator if I search for Label = Orange it shows up, but when I search Label = Blue it doesnt show up.

My first question is can I search by tag instead of label in automator? Either using a plugin or script?

My second question is can I search for Tag A rather than Tag B? I say that because they are both orange but are distinguished by the tag name. What I usually do is search for Label = Orange and Any Content = Tag A.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Connor

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 30, 2013 7:57 AM

11 replies

Automator searching labels rather than tags

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.