Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing New Screen Recording option in Quicktime 7 Pro

I have Mac OS 10.7.4 with Quicktime Player 7 installed. I purchased Quicktime 7 Pro and completed the registration. My problem is that I do not have the "New Screen Recording" option on my pull down menu. Any suggestions?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Nov 30, 2013 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2013 8:31 AM

That's not part of QuickTime 7. Use the QuickTime X application.

(93645)

9 replies

Feb 6, 2014 5:36 AM in response to Niel

Seems like we all have this same problem.

I went to Apple support and tried to download Quicktime X. Could not find it there. Not sure what version X is.

I did try to download the lepard version but my computer says it cannot download

the app because it is from an unidentifiable developer.

I tried to download quicktime x from Cnet only to get the same message.

Feb 8, 2014 10:47 AM in response to onlinemom123

This is a major problem. I teach piano by Skype and FACETIME. By Skype I have paid for CALL RECORDER so recording is not an issue. But two of my students are on FACETIME and they were told to BUY Quicktime 7 Pro to record. Problem is it does NOT have NEW SCREEN option only NEW MOVIE option so they cannot record snippets of my instruction. I have 10.0 Quicktime as part of my osx 10.6 and I can drag the NEW SCREEN strip to image of Student and record her.. Naturally, she needs to record ME. So now I see something about Quicktime X which is even more confusing. How can my student who just paid $30 for Quicktime 7 PRO get free Quicktime X and will it even work? Why is Apple so nutty as not to give a paying consumer who owns a MAC the option to record the other party to the conversation. SEEMS EVERYONE here is frustrated. By the way the student who just purchased Quicktime PRO for the express purpose of videotaping me during lessons, has 10.9 osx and it's a fairly new computer. Any help is appreciated. Should she call Apple Support to straighten out this mess???

Missing New Screen Recording option in Quicktime 7 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.