HT1444: Software update, upgrade--what's the difference?Learn about Software update, upgrade--what's the difference?
Currently Being ModeratedNov 30, 2013 12:05 PM (in response to bjbrewerton)
You must get 10.6 if they still have it, install it & update to 10.6.8 so you have the App Store to buy & download the huge 10.8 Installer.(free 10.9/Mavericks is the only download avaiable now without specially calling Apple).
Snow Leopard/10.6.x Requirements...
* Mac computer with an Intel processor
* 1GB of memory (I say 4GB at least, more if you can afford it)
* 5GB of available disk space (I say 30GB at least)
* DVD drive for installation
* Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
* Some features require Apple’s MobileMe service; fees and terms apply.
Which apps work with Mac OS X 10.6?...
Call Apple Sales...in the US: 1-800-MY-APPLE. Or Support... 1-800-275-2273
It looks like they might still have it...
I'd personally upgrade it to 6 GB of RAM...
At the Apple Icon at top left>About this Mac.
Then click on More Info>Hardware and report this upto but not including the Serial#...
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 6 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.21f4