Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Self-publishing with iBooks question

Hello,

Last night I just completed a short story, created in iBooks Author, and just published it to the iBooks Store (for free), and it gave me the green check mark okay that it went through and was delivered, via iTunes Producer... I hopped onto the iBooks Store and looked for it, and it did not pull it up...

My question, to those who have done this before, how long is the process? How long does it take until you submitted your work to the iBooks Store, did it take until it was available up on it?

Thank you for your time, and all the best to you,

JPH

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 30, 2013 11:37 AM

7 replies

Nov 30, 2013 12:21 PM in response to MrJPH69

I wish Apple themselves would be more helpful in all of this, as I did try to find where it may say how long the process may be, and found nothing anywhere. Did find, over in the right column here, the 'More Like This' section, had a similar like question from three years ago, where the respondants said anywhere from seven days to ten days... but, that was for a book being self-published for money, not free as I am doing.

Also, would be nice if Apple would actually just send a basic, auto-email saying that my submission has been received, and stating what I can expect now in timeframe, etc.... so, I guess this is all just fly blind, knowing absolutely nothing, and just hopng that things are actually in motion and going through?

I guess I will wait until monday, and call the number that they provide, and hopefully be able to learn any of this from them then, and will provide it here as a follow-up, so anybody who may be doing this for the first time themselves, will at least have a little something to know and go on.

Dec 1, 2013 2:37 PM in response to MrJPH69

Apple deal with thousands if not millions of books bring uploaded on a daily basis.

You know "the submission" has been received if you get the green check.After that within. few hours it shows in iTunes Connect where you have the status checking facility.

The system checks the validity of content and ti Apple, its irrelevant it makes no difference if a book is free or paid.

Phone if you must...the answer will be ..Your book is in review and will be published to the iBooks store IF there are no issues found.

If there are problems with your book, you will be issued with a ticket.....you will then need to correct the book and re deliver and wait until the review team check your book again. That process repeats until your book is accepted.

Its a process we have all learned to accept and to self manage. You have to be patient.

Dec 1, 2013 2:49 PM in response to vinnyvg

No, thank you very much, Vincent, your first reply answered my question perfectly, thank you! I totally understand and get all that you explained with the whole review process and have no qualms about whatsoever - now that I actually know more about it.

Like I had said, this is all new to me, and had absolutely no information to go on, and so was just left circling in the dark to it all. To which I am now not, given your reply, thank you.

I did hop back on to iTunes Connect after your first reply, and did then see my book up there, when prior I hadn't... which again must have been within the first couple hours of my having delivered it to them, and it not being shown at that time. It now is, and has a little red dot below it saying it isn't in the Store yet... but, that is fine, as long as I now know and see that they do have it, and it is moving forward, I am fine, and will, calm my excitement with it all, and be patient. :-)

Thak you again for your time and assistace, I appreciate it. All the best to you,

JPH

Apr 10, 2014 3:50 PM in response to Tenth Order

When you opened your iTunesConnect - did you see a red "ticket" showing on the Ticket History and - or did you check for tickets?

Also If you have a lot of books uploaded, iTC only shows 10 books. IF you have more than 10 books, you can use the Search below the books and check your titles etc.

If all that gains no answers.. then you need to contact the iBooks support and ask the current situation.

Self-publishing with iBooks question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.